[SciPy-user] difficulties compiling the arpack module from the sandbox

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Mar 13 23:32:58 CDT 2007

Adam Malinowski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a lot of difficulty building the arpack module from the scipy
> sandbox, running windows 2000 and using mingw with cygwin. I have compiled
> numpy and scipy (latest svn) with no problems, and have sucessfully installed a
> number of scipy sandboxed modules by running the command: 'python setup.py
> build --compiler=mingw32 install', in the root of the module.

That won't work. build doesn't take a --compiler option. Try these (pardon the
linebreaks):

  $ python setup.py build_src build_clib --compiler=mingw32 build_ext
--compiler=mingw32 build
  $ python setup.py install

--
Robert Kern