[SciPy-user] Sort 3-D arrays by two columns

Thomas Nauss nauss@lcrs...
Wed Mar 14 01:51:36 CDT 2007

Dear Experts,
I want plot some satellite datasets using matplotlib with basemap. For
that task, I need a 3-D array (or three 1-D arrays) containing latitude,
longitude, and corresponding data values. Since basemap needs latitude
and longitude values in increasing order, I'm looking for a function to
sort the 3-D array by the two lat/lon columns (i.e. first by latitude,
then by longitude but conserving the value combinations).
Thanks,
Thomas