[SciPy-user] scipy.multiply and scipy.divide

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Mar 14 15:51:54 CDT 2007

Ryan Krauss wrote:
> I was about to reuse some old code of mine and noticed that it uses
> scipy.multiply and scipy.divide which are ufuncs for element-wise
> multiplication and division.  With the new API for numpy, is this any
> different from just using a*b or a/b is a and b are vectors (i.e.
> arrays with shape (n,))?

Not any more. I assume that you used the scipy (actually scipy_base) functions
instead of the operators because they were the faster/nan-tastic versions at the
time.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."