[SciPy-user] Gaussian pyramid using ndimage

Zachary Pincus zpincus@stanford....
Fri Mar 16 11:54:32 CDT 2007

I *think* that all of the filters in ndimage proceed by pre-filtering
and then doing whatever task is required, so even if there was a
downsampling filter (maybe 'zoom' would work), it wouldn't be memory-
efficient in the way you were hoping.

Also, the spline filters used by ndimage for pre-filtering seem
somewhat broken:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/213

Zach