[SciPy-user] Problem to understand kstest

Pellegrini Eric ericpellegrini@yahoo...
Tue Mar 20 07:13:23 CDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I have a set of points for which I would like to know if it follows a normal distribution.
To do so, I would like to perform the KS test. Here is an example:

x = range(1000)
mean = scipy.stats.mean(x)
std = scipy.stats.std(x)
stats.kstest(x,'norm',args=(mean,std))

is it right ?

If yes, how to set up the significance level and what is its default value ?

is it a double-sided test ?

Thank you ery much

Eric Pellegrini