[SciPy-user] building numpy/scipy on Solaris

raphael langella raphael.langella@steria....
Wed Mar 21 08:27:56 CDT 2007

---- Messages d´origine ----
De: "David M. Cooke" <cookedm@physics.mcmaster.ca>
Date: mercredi, mars 21, 2007 11:23 am
Objet: Re: [SciPy-user] building numpy/scipy on Solaris

> librairies> > > provided by computer vendor, like the SUN
> Performance Library. This
> of
> > > BLAS> and LAPACK. I happen to have Forte 7 installed, so I
> first
> > > tried to
> >
> > It's supposed to support LAPACK v3.0 and BLAS1, 2 & 3
> > (http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/perflib_index.html).
> > It gives me this when I import numpy :
> > ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
> > /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so: symbol
> > __getenv_: referenced symbol not found
>
> Odd. lapack_lite doesn't use getenv anywhere, so it must be the
> sunperflibrary (and http://docs.sun.com/source/819-
> 3692/plug_optimizing.htmlshows that it does look at environment
> variables). I'm guessing there's
> some link-time option that it needs.

ok. I'll forget about the other errors I have and will focus on
libsunperf for now. It makes sense to me to use vendor provided
optimized BLAS/LAPACK libraries.

I compiled with these options :
python setup.py config_fc --f77flags='-xlic_lib=sunperf -xarch=v9b' install

and now, I've got this error when importing numpy :
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so:
symbol dgeev_: referenced symbol not found

Any idea?