[SciPy-user] Numpy distutils failing to report ndarrayobject.h

Anand Patil anand@soe.ucsc....
Fri Mar 23 11:23:34 CDT 2007

Hi all,

The following in a Pyrex extension module:

cdef extern from "numpy/ndarrayobject.h":
    void* PyArray_DATA(object obj)

produces the following in C:

#include "numpy/ndarrayobject.h".

The numpy distutils apparently fail to compile the extension module
under win2k, Python 2.4:

PyMC2/PyrexLazyFunction.c:15:33: numpy/ndarrayobject.h: No such file or directory
PyMC2/PyrexLazyFunction.c: In function
`__pyx_f_17PyrexLazyFunction_12LazyFunction_get_array_data':

but it compiles fine on my machine, running OSX 10.4 and Python 2.5.
Unfortunately I can't experiment much because I don't have a Windows
machine available. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Anand