[SciPy-user] can basearray using somehow be tried already?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Mar 23 15:20:16 CDT 2007

dmitrey wrote:
> Ok, but isn't it possible to add derive class to numpy, based on
> ndarray, with MATLAB-like dotwise & matrix operations with any of
> ndarray & matrix instances? I.e. x*y (x^y, x/y etc) is matrix & x .* y
> (x.^y, x./y etc) is dotwise, if any of x & y are something like mat_array?

You can't add new operators. You can only redefine the behavior of the existing
operators, and that's exactly what numpy.matrix does.

http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2007-March/026618.html

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."