[SciPy-user] Post-Processing 3D Array

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella@gmail....
Fri Mar 23 20:46:57 CDT 2007

Dear All,
I am currently running a code to solve Navier-Stokes equations in a
cylinder. The equations are solved in cylindrical coordinates
(theta,r,z). The output is fundamentally made up of several 3D arrays
containing e.g. the axial component of the velocity in space v_z[i,j,k]
and so on.
I am using Python to post-process the data, but there are a few problems
I do not know how to tackle.
(1) It would be very nice to be able to cut several cross-sections of
the tube along which I'd like to plot v_z. I can easily obtain the 2D
array v_z_cross[i,j], function of theta and r only, but then I am not
sure about how to plot it in 2D. Also, the geometry of the resulting
plot has to look like a circle and absolutely not a square.
(2)Would it also be possible to make a full 3D plot of v_z[i,j,k]? As in
(1), the geometry of the resulting plot has to look like a cylinder and
not a cube or a square duct.

Kind Regards

Lorenzo