[SciPy-user] plotting with scipy

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Tue Mar 27 08:37:52 CDT 2007

What platform are you running?  There should be an executable for
windows that puts them in the proper directory.  They can go anywhere
on your PYTHONPATH, but the right answer is in the directory
C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages
(or I presume Python25 if you are running the current version of python).

So, I have the folders
C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib
C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\scipy
etc.

On linux, you usually want to unzip the tarball and there should be a
setup.py file in the top level.  Then just run
sudo python setup.py install
(or similar if you aren't on a debian based "sudo" distribution).

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Ryan