[SciPy-user] A communications module

Kumar Appaiah akumar@iitm.ac...
Tue Mar 27 20:30:36 CDT 2007

Dear SciPy users,

I have been using SciPy for quite some time now, although at a basic
level. It seems to be very nice for doing the stuff, and it has been a
long time since I have done anything much in GNU Octave, my other
favourite.

There is one thing that I have noticed in SciPy which makes it
attractive for everyone, that is it's compatibility with
Matlab. However, in this respect, the communications module seems to
be missing. I was wondering whether we could put some snippets to do
the basic stuff just the way Matlab does (PSK, QAM, AWGN channel etc.)
and get started with a ``scipy.comm'' module.

I wanted to ping the list because I wanted to know of anyone else
shares this view, and I would love to contribute code to such a
module, but I would like to wait for comments, to get to know the
"right way" to start this off. I mean, identifying the first things to
write, how to modularize the stuff etc.

Thanks.

Kumar
--