[SciPy-user] Subject: Re: Scientific Python publications

Mark Heslep mark@mitre....
Sat Nov 3 21:34:08 CDT 2007

> The animation, all figures and all calculations were done in Python
> (+Scilab+Pylab), but obviously this is not a programming paper and Python
> is a research tool here (which I think is the goal of the creators of the
> wonderful language and libraries). Unfortunately there is only code for
> Matlab - just a few one-liners. In HRV (heart rate variability) research
> most people use Matlab and hardly anyone even knows about Python. I am
> trying to advertise Python, but the paper would not have been accepted with
> code in Python.
>
> Of course the paper clearly says that the calculations were done in Python.
>
> Jarek

Given that you felt for the sake of publication you must use Matlab, was
it worth it then to use scipy to begin with? That is, if you knew you
would need to convert to Matlab, was scipy worth the trouble?