[SciPy-user] surface plotting

Sun Nov 4 11:19:04 CST 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 11:53:01AM -0500, Joe Harrington wrote:
> I'm in search of either Python or an open-source, standalone image
> viewer that can visualize surface plots.  A surface plot is a rendering
> of a 2D image as a 3D surface using the image values as the Z
> coordinate.

Mayavi2 can do this, and has a scripting interface that should be easy to
use for what you want to do. You can have a look at
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/attachment/wiki/MayaVi/Sciy2007_mlab_slides.pdf?format=raw
for instance.

Hopefully you should find all the info you need to install mayavi2 on
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/wiki/MayaVi, if not just ask.

HTH,

Gaël