[SciPy-user] Scipy + Vision = LabView ?

Eike Welk eike.welk@gmx....
Sun Nov 4 16:13:27 CST 2007

On Sunday 04 November 2007 01:37, Stef Mientki wrote:
> What I mean, is for "realtime" control loops.
> Let's say I sample data at something like 20 kHz,
> want to perform some calculations on it,
> display it and feed the manipulated data back to my hardware,

For realtime and high speed there is also Gnuradio.
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/

It is organized as a flow-graph, with the nodes written in C++. It
works in the MHz range. The graph is constructed in Python and there
is some facility to transfer results back to Python. It has no
graphical front end.

I didn't try Gnuradio however. I read only some of the documentation:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring-gnuradio.html#software

If a graphical front end would be written, a wrapper for Gnuradio and
a method to transfer data to/from Numpy would be great.

Regards, Eike.