[SciPy-user] time series analysis

Timmie timmichelsen@gmx-topmail...
Tue Nov 6 02:58:18 CST 2007

> > > Wow, this looks great. But a little complex
> >
> > > Well, one could write functions for common tasks that fascilitate it a
> > > bit...
I believe you. Time is the matter.

> If you have any ideas for simplifying/improving things, we are certainly open
> to suggestions and would love the feedback. Being a sandbox package currently,
> there is no better time then now to get your ideas incorporated into the
> timeseries module.
Well, since I am still a Python beginner somehow and still need to know how to
use it efficiently for my data analysis I will not really be able to contribute
to core.
At my current state of py knowledge I can alredy write my own simple modules
consisting of functions that I find useful.

Some things I can imagine are the following:
create a tools directory under the timeseries tree. then there we could place
things like
* common frequency conversions: reduce to hourly values
* error checking of measurement data: statistically and logically

> > > Any idea when there will be a first binary release of all this together
> > > with maskedarray?
> >
> > Nope. The inclusion of maskedarray in numpy is still in the air, timeseries
> > may become a scikit sooner or later.
Is it safe for me to replace/patch my current maskarray?

> The timeseries package won't likely be moving anywhere until maskedarray moves
> somewhere else since it is dependent on it. I won't personally be providing
> any binaries while it is still in the sandbox either, but I am happy to
> provide advice on how to compile it on Windows.
I have experience in compiling on linux but have
to work on a windows box.
Therefore an advice on that would be useful.

Is there a possibility to subscibe to SVN to get an email on chnages?

Thanks for your responses.

Timmie