[SciPy-user] Where is the border between SciPy and ML algorithms?

Thu Nov 8 02:26:59 CST 2007

Hi,

As there are SWIG files and as Scipy does not depend ATM on SWIG, you could
create a scikit with or see with David Cournapeau how it could fit in its
machine learning scikit.

Matthieu

2007/11/8, Willi Richert <w.richert@gmx.net>:

> Hi,
>
> the scipy.cluster module up to now contains already algorithms for Vector
> Quantization and Kmeans. In the docs it's said that SOMs are following.
> Now,
> after having followed the mails mentioning Orange and Elefant: Where do we
> draw the line?
>
> I'm asking, because a student of mine has implemented SWIG-Python-wrappers
> the C++ implementations of diverse decision trees (continuous VFDT, C4.5and
> some others), which work quite well. We would of course be glad if those
> would be included in standard SciPy. However, I'm not quite sure, what the
> current policy of the core SciPy developers is regarding non-core
> algorithms.
>
> Thanks in advance for any light on this topic,
> wr

French PhD student
Website : http://miles.developpez.com/