[SciPy-user] fortran compiler not found Mac Leopard 10.5

Jeremy Conlin jeremit0@gmail....
Mon Nov 12 15:51:38 CST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 4:02 PM, Steve Lianoglou <lists.steve@arachnedesign.net> wrote:
> > I am using the builtin python.  I did build numpy myself from svn, but
> > it looks like python is using builtin version.  How can I make it use
> > my compiled version instead?
> >
> > I will take a look at the pythonmac-sig email list and see what is
> > known about scipy on Leopard.
>
> If I remember correctly, you have to setup your PYTHONPATH envi var to
> include the libraries in /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages before the
> ones that are installed into the system path (which I think are buried
> somewhere in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/...).
>
> (The normal `python setup.py install` command will drop then into  /
> Library/Python/2.5/site-packages)

I got numpy and scipy to install and they both passed all the tests.
This is how I did it.

I followed the instructions on scipy.org for installing on Mac OS X.
I used the fortran compiler from att.com site.  I set my PYTHONPATH
as:

export PYTHONPATH="/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH"

Everything compiled without any problems.  Thanks for everyone's
suggestions.  I hope my results will help others.

Jeremy