[SciPy-user] fortran compiler not found Mac Leopard 10.5

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Tue Nov 13 10:37:41 CST 2007

I don't think so - at least, I have never had luck using these
versions.  I would ask on the matplotlib list about this issue.  If
they are really there, it would be really nice if the matplotlib build
system could find and use the Apple versions.

In the meantime, if you simply download libpng and freetype2 and then do:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
sudo make install

In the source code directories of both, they will be installed in a
way that matplotlib can find.  From there, the TKAgg and WxAgg
matplotlib backends should run fine.

Brian