[SciPy-user] this must sound stupid ... (how to delete and destroy an AUI-pane ?)

Stef Mientki s.mientki@ru...
Fri Nov 23 14:16:48 CST 2007

hello,

I want to dynamically create, modify and delete AUI-panes in a
AUI_DockingWindowMgr,

Now I can create panes:
    self._mgr.AddPane( self.CreateHTMLCtrl(), wx.aui.AuiPaneInfo().
                       Name("test3").Caption("Client Size Reporter").
                       Left().
                       CloseButton ( False ).
                       MaximizeButton ( False ) )

I can find the pane again
    pane = self._mgr.GetPane("test2")

but how do I delete and destroy  a pane ?
The next statements all returns errors :-(
    pane.Close()
    self._mgr.DetachPane(pane)

thanks,
Stef