[SciPy-user] install numpy/scipy with Intel Compilers

Laurence Viry Laurence.Viry@imag...
Tue Nov 27 10:32:25 CST 2007

> Hi Laurence,
>
> I'm not familiar with Intel's compilers (even more, running them on
> Itaniums). I'm guessing that numpy.distutils isn't able to tell
> whether your compiler is intele or not. From numpy/distutils/fcompiler/
> intel.py, the command run to find the version is
>
> $ ifort -FI -V -c dummy.f -o dummy.o
>
> where dummy.f is just a file with a dummy subroutine in it. Could you
> do this and give us the output?

* the ouput is the following,
---------------------------------
Intel(R) Fortran Itanium(R) Compiler for Itanium(R)-based applications
Version 9.0    Build 20050430 Package ID: l_fc_p_9.0.021
Copyright (C) 1985-2005 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY
----------------------------------
I observed before, it was not the same

in intel.py
description = 'Intel Fortran Compiler for Itanium apps'

I tried to replace by :
description = 'Intel(R) Fortran Itanium(R) Compiler for Itanium(R) apps'

it's ok for numpy but I had stil the same error for scipy

* I don't use MKL bul SCSL library, it is the optimized scientific
library on our computrer,  I give you the ouput of the config command
blas_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['scs']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    language = f77

  FOUND:
    libraries = ['scs']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 1)]
    language = f77

lapack_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['scs']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    language = f77

  FOUND:
    libraries = ['scs', 'scs']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 1)]
    language = f77

Thank for your help

--
Laurence Viry

CRIP UJF - Projet MIRAGE ( http://mirage.imag.fr )
Laboratoire de Modélisation et Calcul - IMAG

tel: 04 76 63 56 34
fax: 04 76 63 12 63
e-mail: Laurence.Viry@imag.fr