[SciPy-user] Compilation error of fblaswrap_veclib_c.c

Thu Oct 4 03:28:37 CDT 2007

HEMMI, Shigeru wrote:
> Dear David,
>
>> If you just try:
>>
>> #include <vecLib/vecLib.h>
>>
>> int main()
>> {
>>     return 0;
>> }
>>
>> What does it do ?
> It worked; see below.
>
> $ cat tmptesting2.c
> #include <vecLib/vecLib.h>
> int main()
> {
>    return 0;
> }
> $ gcc tmptesting2.c
> $ ls
> a.out*          tmptesting.c    tmptesting2.c
>

>> (My explanation would be either the vecLib.h is not
>> found, or on panther, it does not include complex.h).
>
> vecLib.h seems exist but on Panther it is not correct one
> as you wrote.
It may be the correct one, just that on panther, you may need to include
complex separately. You could include <complex.h> just before
<vecLib.h>, but I am not sure it is the right thing to do (maybe on
panther, vecLib has its own complex type, or something like that: on gcc
3.3 page, it is said that complex support in C99 manner is broken, which
is why I am a bit reluctant to just add
<complex.h>:http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/c99status.html ).

cheers,

David