[SciPy-user] SciPy svn build chokes on swig

Christopher Burns cburns@berkeley....
Thu Oct 4 17:47:15 CDT 2007

Chris,

Update scipy and give it another try.  We've temporarily removed inclusion
of the nifti module until we resolve the swig dependencies.  Sorry about
that.

Christopher

On 10/4/07, Chris <listservs@mac.com> wrote:

> Building SciPy from SVN on OS X 10.4, which has worked up until today,
> chokes when it tries to look for swig:
>
> swig: scipy/io/nifti/nifticlib.i
> swig -python -Iscipy/io/nifti -Iscipy/io/nifti/nifticlib/fsliolib
> -Iscipy/io/nifti/nifticlib/niftilib -Iscipy/io/nifti/nifticlib/znzlib -o
> build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.5/scipy/io/nifti/nifticlib_wrap.c -outdir
> build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.5/scipy/io/nifti scipy/io/nifti/nifticlib.i
> unable to execute swig: No such file or directory
> error: command 'swig' failed with exit status 1
>
> I was building just after a successful build and install of numpy
> from SVN minutes prior.

Christopher Burns, Software Engineer
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley
phone: 510.643.4014