[SciPy-user] problem installing sciPy

marco turchi marco.turchi@gmail....
Fri Oct 5 06:43:19 CDT 2007

dear experts,
I'm trying to install sciPy on a linux machine with RedHat 4.
This machine has an old Python, so I have installed a new version 2.5.1 in
/usr/local. I'm not administrator of this machine, so I did not do "make
install", but just "make".
Then I have installed numPy using the new version of Python, and everything
works properly.
Now I try to install sciPy writing:
/usr/local/Python-2.5.1/python setup.py install

but I got several errors, it seems that it is not able to find some
libraries:
mkl_info:
  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/lib
  NOT AVAILABLE

fftw3_info:
  libraries fftw3 not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries fftw3 not found in /usr/lib
  fftw3 not found
  NOT AVAILABLE

fftw2_info:
  libraries rfftw,fftw not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries rfftw,fftw not found in /usr/lib
  fftw2 not found
  NOT AVAILABLE

etc etc

sorry, but I'm new in this kind of staff, please can u help to install it???

thanks a lot
Marco