[SciPy-user] fromimage returns instance instead of numpy array

Sebastian Haase haase@msg.ucsf....
Wed Oct 10 02:18:14 CDT 2007

Hi,
Somewhat off-topic:
Does anyone here maybe know, how one could add
write support for mulit-page TIFF files ?
PIL can already read them. I use them for 3D images.  But I can't write them.
I tried reading the TIFF specs, but am getting lost every time ... ;-)

Furthermore, more numpy related:  Is it conceivable to open a (multi-page) TIFF
in a memmapped-way ?  For a different, easier, file-format, I am using
this and it greatly increases the file-open speed.

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase