[SciPy-user] trying to update after recent windows update - exe's won't run

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Sat Oct 13 10:28:57 CDT 2007

I was trying to update to 0.6 after a recent Windows update, but the
exe's I downloaded won't run.  A dos window pops up and then
immediately goes away with no info and nothing happens.  If I download
the same exe's from my Linux box and copy them to my flash drive, they
run fine (after I remove an extra .bin that got appended to the
filename).  What is this windows craziness?  Is there a way around it?

Thanks,

Ryan