[SciPy-user] Solved-ish: matplotlib, Tkinter and multi-threaded web applications

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Oct 14 17:09:36 CDT 2007

zunzun@zunzun.com wrote:
> The agg and tkagg backend uses tk, and the integrating the resulting
> matplotlib threading model into a multi-threaded webb application
> had me scratching my head for a while.

Umm, only the TkAgg backend uses Tk. Why not just use a backend that doesn't
have a GUI? Specify

backend : Agg

in your .matplotlibrc or call matplotlib.use('Agg') before importing pylab.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco