[SciPy-user] egg for numpy/scipy on linux?

Michael Hearne mhearne@usgs....
Mon Oct 15 14:26:21 CDT 2007

A couple of numpy/scipy questions:

I see that there are numpy/scipy eggs in CheeseShop, which are
versions 1.0.3 and 0.52 (a little old, I think).  However, there is
no mention of these eggs in the download/installation instructions
for scipy/numpy.  Why is this?

Also, I thought eggs were supposed to be cross-platform, but if that
were true, then why is there the SciPy Superpack for OS X?

I'm hoping to use easy_install for software I am building, but I'm
confused about what it's capabilities are...

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Hearne
mhearne@usgs.gov
(303) 273-8620
USGS National Earthquake Information Center
1711 Illinois St. Golden CO 80401
Senior Software Engineer
Synergetics, Inc.