[SciPy-user] Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon vs. SciPy

Andrew Straw strawman@astraw....
Wed Oct 24 06:05:57 CDT 2007

Hi Alex,

I believe I have fixed the problem. Please try upgrading to my latest
package and let me know if you have any more issues.

Remark #1 to scipy devs in general: a simple unittest should be added to
do "import scipy.fftpack" to make sure these silly problems don't slip
through -- this issue wasn't detected by scipy.test(10,10). I'd try to
create a patch right now, but "svn up" resulted in "Connection reset by
peer". I guess the whole scipy website is more-or-less down right now.

Remark #2 to scipy devs in general: I think building of fftpack with
fftw2 may be broken in 0.6.0. I don't have time to dig further right now.