[SciPy-user] k nearest neighbour

Barry Wark barrywark@gmail....
Wed Oct 24 16:51:03 CDT 2007

For those interested, I've cleaned up (and documented a little) my
wrapper for the Approximate Nearest Neighbor library. The source is
available as a zip archive at
http://rieke-server.physiol.washington.edu/~barry/ann/ANNwrapper.zip
(BSD license).

It provides a fast, dependency free (except for the Approximate
Nearest Neighbor Library and numpy) kd-tree implementation of the
k-nearest neighbor search. Not all of the ANN library is wrapped yet
(You can see what's left in the kdtree.h.not_ready_for_prime_time
file).

The setup.py contains instructions for installation and usage. You
will need the ANN library (from http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mount/ANN/),
setuptools, and SWIG installed.

API is documented in kdtree.h.

I think this wrapper may be useful as an addition to scipy, but I
haven't investigated where it might be most appropriate. I'd be happy
to relicense if necessary.

Any suggestions or patches welcome.

Barry