[SciPy-user] from 1-d array to wave file?

Wed Oct 24 20:29:42 CDT 2007

massimo sandal wrote:
> Emanuele Olivetti ha scritto:
>> Audiolab ?
>> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/audiolab/index.html
>>

> Good suggestion! Thanks, I'll definitely look into it. I hoped there
> was no need of another dependence for this little thing, however.
There is: writing and reading wav files reliably is not so easy, and
libsndfile, the library I am using, works really well. If all you need
is a quick way to dump data in a wav file, then the python lib is
easier, but if you need some kind of performances (i.e avoiding
converting to and from list), or more control, then audiolab is better.

David