[SciPy-user] Thin plates for a 3D deformation field

Sun Oct 28 10:12:44 CDT 2007

Thank you Zachary and Robert.
In fact, I've decided to implement my own version (I'll make it available on
the net, as it can be recurrent) based on the Bookstein article on the
subject.
I could use the rbf module, but I've decided that the dependence on scipy
was not necessary (the function is needed at two places, not more, and the
real trick was to compute the coefficients for the thin plates and then
interpoling the field with it).

Matthieu