[SciPy-user] Specifying fortran compiler

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Oct 28 22:45:19 CDT 2007

Adam Mercer wrote:
> On 28/10/2007, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [numpy]$ python setup.py config_fc --help
>
> Getting a bit further now, but still running into problems. Building with
>
> $ python setup.py config_fc --f77exec=gfortran-mp-4.2
> --f90exec=gfortran-mp-4.2 build
>
> results in the error
>
> building 'scipy.interpolate._fitpack' extension
> warning: build_ext: extension 'scipy.interpolate._fitpack' has Fortran
> libraries but no Fortran linker found, using default linker
> compiling C sources
> C compiler: gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp
> -mno-fused-madd -DNDEBUG -D__DARWIN_UNIX03
>
> compile options:
> '-I/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
> -I/opt/local/include/python2.5 -c'
> gcc: scipy/interpolate/_fitpackmodule.c
> gcc -L/opt/local/lib -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup
> build/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5/scipy/interpolate/_fitpackmodule.o
> -Lbuild/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5 -lfitpack -o
> build/lib.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5/scipy/interpolate/_fitpack.so
> building 'scipy.interpolate.dfitpack' extension
> error: extension 'scipy.interpolate.dfitpack' has Fortran sources but
> no Fortran compiler found
>
> whereas creating a gfortran symlink and running
>
> $ python setup.py build
>
> results in no error.
>
> Is there a way I can build without creating the gfortran symlink, as I
> want to integrate this into a MacPorts Portfile?

Hmm, file a bug on the numpy Trac and assign it to dmcooke. He was the last to
touch this area. It's possible there are still bugs. Attach the full output of
the command to the ticket. Thanks.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."