[SciPy-user] scipy r3303: from scipy import fftpack fails

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Sep 5 14:21:49 CDT 2007

Steve Schmerler wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is the second problem I found (with 0.7.0.dev3303):
>
> $ python -c "from scipy import fftpack"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/fftpack/__init__.py", line
> 10, in ?
>     from basic import *
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/fftpack/basic.py", line
> 13, in ?
>     import _fftpack as fftpack
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/fftpack/_fftpack.so:
> undefined symbol: zfftnd_fftw

This is a build problem on your end. In order to help you debug it, we'll have
to know how you configured your scipy (i.e. your site.cfg and possibly any
relevant environment variables you might have set), the locations of your FFTW
libraries, and the output of "python setup.py config".

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco