[SciPy-user] scipy r3303: from scipy import fftpack fails

Steve Schmerler elcorto@gmx....
Wed Sep 5 14:34:32 CDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:
> Steve Schmerler wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> This is the second problem I found (with 0.7.0.dev3303):
>>
>> $ python -c "from scipy import fftpack"
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/fftpack/__init__.py", line
>> 10, in ?
>>     from basic import *
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/fftpack/basic.py", line
>> 13, in ?
>>     import _fftpack as fftpack
>> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/fftpack/_fftpack.so:
>> undefined symbol: zfftnd_fftw
>
> This is a build problem on your end. In order to help you debug it, we'll have
> to know how you configured your scipy (i.e. your site.cfg and possibly any
> relevant environment variables you might have set), the locations of your FFTW
> libraries, and the output of "python setup.py config".

OK, here's the log of pyhon setup.py config.
My stie.cfg only points setup.py to /usr/include/suitesparse/ on Debian.

Thanks!
--
cheers,
steve

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. --
Douglas Adams