[SciPy-user] Solving an equation using scipy.optimize.newton

Dominique Orban dominique.orban@gmail....
Thu Sep 6 11:29:12 CDT 2007

On 9/5/07, fdu.xiaojf@gmail.com <fdu.xiaojf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any trust region optimization method with python interface ?
>
> I can transform my problem to a bound constrained optimization problem,
> but I still have to find an optimization solver who only evaluate my
> equation in trust region([Min, Max]). Will lbfgsb or tnc meet the
> requirement ?

There is one in NLPy, but I am not sure trust regions are what you are
looking for. Trust regions change with the iterations. What you have is
bound constraints. Anyways, I am not sure what you are trying to minimize.

Dominique