[SciPy-user] getting stats.zprob to return float96

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Sep 13 11:16:25 CDT 2007

Martin Blom wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm using stats.zprob and need some more decimal points than standard
> python floats can give me, and I need the function to be fast. Can I get
> the standard scipy zprob or ndtr to return float96 in some way? Or do I
> need to modify something in special/cephes or something like that?

You would have to find or write a routine that used higher precision floats. We
don't wrap any of them. Cephes does have quad-precision versions of many of
their functions, but you would have to wrap them yourself.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco