[SciPy-user] Problem getting Full SciPy package set installed.

Lou Pecora lou_boog2000@yahoo....
Thu Sep 13 13:34:58 CDT 2007

--- Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Lou Pecora asked:
>
> > How can I get the SciPy package installed?  Is
> >  there another way?
>
> Try the gfortran compiler available from here:
>
>   http://r.research.att.com/tools/
>
> --
> Robert Kern

That seemed to work.  The python setup install of the
SciPy module produced a LOT of output with plenty of
warnings sprinkled in, but no errors.  I can now
import the sub-packages 'special' and 'integrate'.
Only time will tell if this will work in the
calculations.

Thanks, Robert.  The SciPy web site points to the
gfortran that didn't work.  Any 'fix' for that?

-- Lou Pecora,   my views are my own.