[SciPy-user] building numpy/scipy on Solaris

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Sep 14 00:15:34 CDT 2007

Lucas Barbuto wrote:
> On 10/09/2007, at 4:30 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:
>> Do I understand correctly that you want to compiler numpy/scipy with
>> gcc, using sunperf ? I am not familiar with non gnu devtools under
>> solaris, so I don't know if sunperf libraries are supposed to work
>> with
>> gcc ?
>
> All I really want is a working NumPy and SciPy installation on
> Solaris 9/x86.  Seeing as SciPy recommends vendor optimised BLAS and
> LAPACK routines

<shrug> It depends entirely on what you need, not scipy. Some people require
fast linear algebra, some don't. Having fast linear algebra is nice, but if it's
getting in the way of having *any* linear algebra and your problems don't
require really fast linear algebra, just use the reference BLAS and be done with it.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco