[SciPy-user] ANN (numerical optimization): ALGENCAN have migrated from numeric to numpy

fdu.xiaojf@gmai... fdu.xiaojf@gmai...
Tue Sep 18 02:20:28 CDT 2007

Hi dmitrey,
dmitrey wrote:
 > Today ALGENCAN developers informed that ALGENCAN have finally migrated
 > from using numeric to numpy.
 > (ALGENCAN is constrained non-linear optimization solver, based on
 > Augmented Lagrangian multipliers)
 >
 > Those who prefer to use that one from openopt environment and has
 > encountered the error message with ALGENCAN-openopt connection:
 >
 > struct has no "ndim" attribute
 >
 > should re-install ALGENCAN according to new instructions
 > (you can get that ones here
 > <http://www.ime.usp.br/%7Eegbirgin/tango/py.php>)
 >
 > Regards, Dmitrey
 > dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
 > http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOpt

I have read the instructions of ALGENCAN, but it seems there are only
instructions for compilation using gcc and g77. So I'm wondering how to
install ALGENCAN and it's python interface on my windows box.

Are there compiled version for windows?

Thanks.