[SciPy-user] generalised eigen value problem

Perez Kawumi pepe_kawumi@yahoo.co...
Thu Sep 20 21:52:50 CDT 2007

Hi
I have got two square matrices A and B. In matlab;

    [V,D] = EIG(A,B) produces a diagonal matrix D of generalized
    eigenvalues and a full matrix V whose columns are the
    corresponding eigenvectors so that A*V = B*V*D.

trying to solve for V and D in python
 I switched D and V and used the command below

    [D,V] = linalg.eig(A,B)

However, this sometimes gives me the right solutions and sometimes "wrong ones". Does anyone know how I can ensure that I always get the right solutions?
Thanks Perez