[SciPy-user] build problem on 64bit RHE4

Christopher Burns cburns@berkeley....
Fri Sep 21 17:06:04 CDT 2007

Is LAPACK installed in your /usr/lib64 directory?

If so you may need to tell the config where to look.  On my 64-bit FC7 box I
added a site.cfg file in the scipy-trunk directory with the following:

[DEFAULT]
library_dirs = /usr/lib64

Chris

On 9/21/07, Nadia Dencheva <dencheva@stsci.edu> wrote:

> Robert Kern <robert.kern <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Christopher Hanley wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We are having a problem building scipy on one of our RHE4 systems.
> > >
> > > This was the initial error. We installed the full blas libraries from
> > > netlib,
> > > defined the BLAS_SRC env variable and got an error about missing
> LAPACK
> > > libraries.
> > >
> > > This use to be a problem on 32bit machines but was fixed long ago.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Install LAPACK?
>
> My impression is (I may be wrong) that there's no web page which clearly
> states
> what the requirements are. For example,
>
> BLAS, LAPACK - hard requirements
> ATLAS - optional
>
> May be I just didn't find it but after running a search for LAPACK about 4
> times
> I got:
>
> =============
> Warning:
> You triggered the wiki's surge protection by doing too many requests in a
> short
> time.
> Please make a short break reading the stuff you already got.
> When you restart doing requests AFTER that, slow down or you might get
> locked
> out for a longer time!
>
> Four is not too many and it was a short time because there were no
> results.
> If I was new to this I would probably not come back.
>
> Nadia Dencheva

Christopher Burns
Software Engineer
CIRL - UC Berkeley