[SciPy-user] Stack two matrices on top of each other?

Jose Unpingco unpingco@osc....
Wed Sep 26 07:31:22 CDT 2007

 a=randn(2,3)
 bmat([[a],[a]]) # stack them side-by-side

But, this doesn't work with the semicolon:

 bmat([[a];[a]]) # not work, although it would be natural

Is there another way to stack two matrices on top of each other? I know I can do

bmat('a ; a')

but I have a list of matrices I would like to stack and doing it this way means that I would have to
assign a variable to each one of matrices like

a0=A[0]
a1=A[1]
..
aN=A[N]

which is what I'm doing now, but would prefer not to.

Please contact me if you have questions or need more information.

Thanks!

Jose Unpingco, Ph.D.
(619)553-2922