[SciPy-user] OS X users - Please try multiple scipy.test() runs

Christopher Burns cburns@berkeley....
Thu Sep 27 15:27:02 CDT 2007

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/dpo/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/lib/blas/tests/test_blas.py",
> line 76, in check_dot
> AssertionError:
>
> Given the return value 1.6841453353081064e-36j, I am not surprised
> that segfaults occur in that module. Reports on that error are rampant
> in the mailing list, but it seems nobody has been bothered enough to
> look into it. The double precision complex dot product functions
> return the correct result, though, so it might just be a casting
> issue.

The blas, check_dot AssertionError is a known issue and is an active
ticket to be resolved in the 0.7 release of SciPy, scheduled for
12/20/2007.  A patch was applied in the 0.6 release that resolved one
of the two errors in 0.5.x.

The errors appear to be an issue with a handful of fortran subroutines
in Apple's Accelerate Framework.  Work continues on a fix.

--
Christopher Burns
Software Engineer