[SciPy-user] Signification of parameters

Thu Sep 27 16:35:57 CDT 2007

2007/9/27, Nuttall, Brandon C <bnuttall@uky.edu>:

>  Matthieu
>

> I've never used the function, but…

> Help on function f_value_wilks_lambda in module scipy.stats.stats:
>

> f_value_wilks_lambda(ER, EF, dfnum, dfden, a, b)
>
>     Calculation of Wilks lambda F-statistic for multivarite data, per
>
>     Maxwell & Delaney p.657.
>

> I suggest you try the reference. You might also find additional info by
> looking at the Python source code.

Thank you for the answer but I already tried the code, but no explanation,
and looking on the web didn't help me find an explanation of the algorithm.
I don't know if I can access somewhere the book, I'll try, but if someone
has it, please let us know the meaning of the special parameters ;)

Matthieu