[SciPy-user] array TypeError: expected a readable buffer object

BORGULYA Gábor borgulya@gyer2.sote...
Thu Sep 27 17:00:10 CDT 2007

Thursday 27 September 2007 dátummal Robert Kern ezt írta:
> What version of numpy are you using? With numpy 1.0.3 and a recent SVN
> checkout, it works for me.

Thank you Robert for testing it on your system.
I am using Gentoo Linux with the following packages:

szitakoto ~ # emerge --search python
*  dev-lang/python
      Latest version available: 2.5.1-r2
      Latest version installed: 2.4.4
      Size of files: 9,169 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.python.org/
                     programming language.
      License:       PSF-2.2

szitakoto ~ # emerge --search scipy
*  sci-libs/scipy
      Latest version available: 0.5.2.1
      Latest version installed: 0.5.1
      Size of files: 5,859 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.scipy.org/
      License:       BSD

szitakoto ~ # emerge --search numpy
*  dev-python/numpy
      Latest version available: 1.0.3.1
      Latest version installed: 1.0.1-r1
      Size of files: 1,465 kB
      Homepage:      http://numeric.scipy.org/
                     and objects
      License:       BSD

True, I could try upgrading the packages. I will report if it solves the
problem or not.

Gábor