[SciPy-user] Multi-peak fitting

Rob Clewley rhc28@cornell....
Thu Sep 27 17:20:54 CDT 2007

Brian, I'm just in the middle of developing some classes for feature
extraction in data, particularly for peaks in the kind of data you
have. The same classes store quantitative information (like peak
positions, heights...) that can be extracted by objective functions in
a fitting algorithm. The code will become part of PyDSTool (and as
such is somewhat integrated with scipy and numpy) but I am happy to
share with you what I have so far. It works well for the fitting
problems I am working on in my research and it's relatively
easy to use. It hasn't been tried on a wider range of problems yet. I
warn you that it comes with a little extra baggage because I'm setting
this whole thing up as part of a "bigger idea" involving model
estimation for dynamical systems and scientific data. But email me if
you want to try it out!

-Rob