[SciPy-user] scipy.stats.lognorm

Manu Hack manuhack@gmail....
Fri Sep 28 02:03:22 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a quick question on scipy.stats.lognorm.  From the manual it said:

    Lognormal distribution

    lognorm.pdf(x,s) = 1/(s*x*sqrt(2*pi)) * exp(-1/2*(log(x)/s)**2)
    for x > 0, s > 0.

At the same time there are loc and scale to control the shape of the
distribution.  So it's like there are 3 parameters to control the
shape of the distribution (but 2 should be enough to specify one).
In fact, if we look at R, the function dlnorm, plnorm, etc.  are
simple and just did the job.  And after searching and trying different
parameters and compare with R's function, I still couldn't figure out
how to use scipy.stats.lognorm.  So am I missing anything there?

Manu