[SciPy-user] Signification of parameters

Nuttall, Brandon C bnuttall@uky....
Fri Sep 28 06:38:50 CDT 2007

A search for authors Maxwell and Delaney at the University of Kentucky library online catalog reveals:

Maxwell, S.E., and Delaney, H.D., 1999, Designing Experiments and Analyzing Data: A Model Comparison Perspective: Lawrence Erlbaum, 902 p. ISBN 9780805837063 (ebook ISBN 9780585282459).

The volume is available electronically and I note there is a discussion of Wilks-lambda on page 657.

Not being a statistician, I have reached the limit of what help I can provide.

Brandon

[cid:image001.jpg@01C801A2.9C71C2D0]
Powered by CardScan<http://www.cardscan.com>
________________________________
From: scipy-user-bounces@scipy.org [mailto:scipy-user-bounces@scipy.org] On Behalf Of Matthieu Brucher
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:36 PM
To: SciPy Users List
Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] Signification of parameters

2007/9/27, Nuttall, Brandon C <bnuttall@uky.edu<mailto:bnuttall@uky.edu>>:

Matthieu

I've never used the function, but...

>>> from scipy.stats import f_value_wilks_lambda

>>> help(f_value_wilks_lambda)

Help on function f_value_wilks_lambda in module scipy.stats.stats:

f_value_wilks_lambda(ER, EF, dfnum, dfden, a, b)

    Calculation of Wilks lambda F-statistic for multivarite data, per

    Maxwell & Delaney p.657.

I suggest you try the reference. You might also find additional info by looking at the Python source code.

Thank you for the answer but I already tried the code, but no explanation, and looking on the web didn't help me find an explanation of the algorithm. I don't know if I can access somewhere the book, I'll try, but if someone has it, please let us know the meaning of the special parameters ;)

Matthieu