[SciPy-user] ANN: Python Equations 2.0 - weaveless version

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve@arachnedesign....
Fri Sep 28 12:18:55 CDT 2007

Hi James,

> Originally I used weave and C++ for performance,
> but thanks to Robert Kern's suggestions I've
> been able to remove the requirement for a C++
> compiler and use numpy natively - hence the
> new version, which requires only python, numpy
> and scipy.

Just out of curiosity. Have you noticed any significant speed
differences between the weave/C++ version vs. your new all-python
version, or were you able to pull of some serious scipy-fu to
mitigate that?

Thanks,
-steve