[SciPy-user] [AstroPy] FITS images with header-supplied axes?

Perry Greenfield perry@stsci....
Wed Apr 2 15:00:33 CDT 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 2:35 PM, James Turner wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I agree that it would be good for the community to get into the
> habit of exposing work on astronomical Python modules via SciPy
> (for example). It seems that the obvious place for this is "AstroLib",
> which has been part of the SciPy site for some time, but doesn't seem
> to have gathered a lot of momentum yet:
>
>    http://scipy.org/AstroLib
>
> I'm also interested in WCS, as critical functionality that hasn't
> quite crystallized yet. Wrapping WCSLib did seem like an obvious
> direction when I first looked into this and talked to Perry, but it
> seemed that there may be licensing issues to investigate, with it
> being GPL (which I personally like, but I'm not sure about internal
> policy on relicensing everything).

Turns out the license for WCSLIB was changed to LGPL so it's no
longer a problem. So the pywcs that is on astrolib is still BSD
(though I haven't checked to see if it has a license along with it,
I'll have that done).

Perry